10 Delicious Recipes to Try When Cooking on an Open Fire
If you love the idea of cooking over an open fire, you're in luck! There are so many delicious recipes that can be easily prepared in this way. Whether you're camping in the great outdoors or just want to add a rustic touch to your backyard barbecue, cooking on an open fire can be a fun and rewarding experience.
To get started, you'll need to gather your cooking equipment, we like using the Volcann Ferox Grill, it is absolutely perfect for open-fire cooking and grilling. This will typically include a grate or grill to place over the fire, as well as long-handled utensils like tongs, a spatula, and a fork. You'll also want to have a water source nearby in case of any accidental flare-ups.
Now, let's take a look at some of the best recipes to try when cooking on an open fire:
- Grilled vegetables: Slice up your favourite vegetables (such as courgette, bell peppers, and onions) and toss them in olive oil and your favourite spices. Grill them over the fire until they are tender and slightly charred.
- Skewers: Thread chunks of meat (such as chicken, beef, or prawn) onto skewers and grill them over the fire. Serve with a side of grilled vegetables for a complete meal.
- Roasted marshmallows: No open fire is complete without roasted marshmallows! Simply skewer a marshmallow and hold it over the flames until it is toasted to your desired level of doneness.
- Campfire chili: Combine ground beef, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, and your favourite chili spices in a Dutch oven. Cover and cook over the fire until the meat is cooked through.
- Grilled pizza: Roll out pizza dough and top it with your favourite toppings (such as sauce, cheese, and vegetables). Place the pizza directly on the grill and cook until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Dutch oven stew: Combine your choice of meat, vegetables, and broth in a Dutch oven. Cover and cook over the fire until the meat is tender and the vegetables are cooked through.
- Grilled fruit: Slice up your favorite fruit (such as peaches, apples, or pineapple) and grill it over the fire until it is tender and slightly caramelized.
- Campfire breakfast: Crack eggs into a muffin tin and add your choice of toppings (such as cheese, ham, and vegetables). Place the tin directly on the grill and cook until the eggs are set.
- Grilled corn on the cob: Soak corn on the cob in water for about 20 minutes, then grill it over the fire until it is tender and slightly charred.
- Campfire nachos: Spread tortilla chips in a single layer on a large sheet of aluminium foil. Top with your choice of toppings (such as ground beef, cheese, and beans) and wrap the foil tightly around the nachos. Place the foil packet directly on the grill and cook until the cheese is melted and the nachos are heated through.
There you have it – 10 delicious recipes to try when cooking on an open fire. Whether you're camping in the great outdoors or just want to add a rustic touch to your backyard barbecue, these recipes are sure to satisfy your craving for hearty, flavourful food. So gather your equipment and give them a try – you won't be disappointed!